A massage table is the systematic and therapeutic stroking, kneading of the body. A massage table is table-like equipment used by therapists to position a client appropriately for a massage session.
A typical massage table has a clean, padded surface and a face cradle that helps the client to breathe easily. Massage tables are produced in hopes of providing comfort to the clients during a massage session and enabling them to relax and enjoy it.
Massage tables could be mobile and portable or stationary depending on the purpose or intended use. Massage tables are majorly used by massage therapists.
However, it can also be used by medical doctors as an examination table. Consumers can also purchase massage tables for personal use in their homes and offices.
If you are looking to purchase a massage table, this article will guide you to select the best choice suitable for you.
Best Massage Table reviews
This section expatiates further on each product. It discusses each features, pros, cons, and specifics.
Earthlite premium portable massage table
- Is easy to store
- Hard maple material for legs and braces
- Natural soft 100% PU
- Has a width of 32”
- Has the weight capacity of 3200 lbs
The earthlite portable premium massage table is a full-sized massage table that provides spa-level comfort for you with a guaranteed squeak-proof table, it aims to give you the very best massage session
- Can comfortably accommodate up to 3200 lbs
- Soft triple-density cushioning
- Does not provide a comfortable cushioning headrest like other tables
Master massage “master 31” Therma top portable table
- Supports up to `1500 lbs
- The patented thermal top built-in adjustable warming system
- Patented ultra-strong duo plane hinge
- The patented ergonomic dream face cradle
- Ergonomic dream face pillow
This table provides a warm and relaxing, warm massage table with a thermal warming system.
This massage table can support up to 1500 pounds in weight and has a patent ultra-strong duo plane hinge to provide balance to the table.
It also provides a patented ergonomic dream-face cradle to provide a comfortable headrest for users. This massage table also utilizes an auto-lock leg system that does not require assembling of any sort.
- Has a good weight capacity
- Has an adjustable warming system
- Uses an ergonomic face pillow
- Is quite heavy compared to other tables
Earthlite portable massage table Harmony dx
- Sustainable wood sources
- Patented face cradle
- Has a 30” width
- Weight capacity of 2400 lbs
- Natural soft 100% PU leather
The Earthlite portable massage table utilizes a durable and soft fabric around the table area to provide a cushioning, relaxing, and soft effect on users.
This table also has a patented face cradle and an adjustable headrest to ensure that users can enjoy maximum satisfaction. It has a 30″ width and can hold up to a capacity of 2400 lbs.
It also utilizes sustainable and renewable wood sources to provide the best hinge support to the table.
- Can accommodate up to 2400 lbs
- Has a 30” width
- Uses sustainable wood
- Does not have a good cushioning system
Master massage del ray pro portable massage table
- 3″ thick cushion of multi-layer small cell foam
- Weight capacity of up to 1500 lbs
- 30” width
- Weigh only 34 lbs
- Uses PU leather
- Are oil and water-resistant
The master massage del ray pro massage table has a 30″ Width x 84″ Length x 24″ To 34″. This table weighs only about 34 lbs.
The massage table uses a thick, relaxing, cell foam that provides a more comfortable effect, unlike the standard foam.
The massage table also comes with an innovative ergonomic face cradle, ErgonomicDream face pillow, contoured armrest shelf, and two-pocket carrying case.
- Water and oil resistant
- Can easily be moved around
- Has a 30” width
- Does not use sustainable wood sources
Yaheetech portable massage table
- Easy to assemble
- Covered in PVC leather
- Oil and waterproof
- Only 34.2 lb weight
- Weight capacity of 551.2 lbs
- Removable armrest
The yaheetech portable massage table is easy to clean, assemble and maintain. The table is covered by PVC leather that is oil-proof and water-proof to ensure it is not ruined by spills.
It weighs only about 34.2 lbs and can carry up to 551.2 lbs. This bed is quite unique as it can adjust to up to eight different positions to provide the user with maximum comfort and satisfaction.
It is also foldable, to ensure it can be moved and stored easily.
- Can be moved around easily
- Has a 32” width
- Oil and spill-proof
- Weighs only 34.2 lbs
- Can switch to 8 different positions
- Has a small weight capacity compared to other massage tables
- Does not utilize a good cushioning system
Sierra comfort portable massage table
- Multiple frame support cables
- 2” foam density deck
- Oil and water-resistant
- PU leather
- Face cradle and cushion
- 9 points adjustment
The sierra comfort portable massage table has a Beachwood hard frame that supports the hinges of the table.
This table also has a 2″ density foam deck that provides maximum support to the user. It is also made of PU leather which is oil and water-resistant, to ensure that the table is not ruined with spills, the table only weighs 31 lbs and has a 400lbs capacity.
- Has different support cables
- Are oil and water resistant’
- Weighs only 31 lbs
- Uses Beachwood for its hinges
- Weight capacity is low compared to other alternatives
MaxKare folding massage table
- Foldable frame
- Detachable armrest, headrest, and arm sling
- Made of reinforced wood
- Oil and waterproof
- Uses high-density foam
The MaxKare portable massage table has a foldable frame and can be carried in a case.
The table is equipped with a detachable headrest, arm sling, and armrest. It is also adjustable and can be manipulated to suit the user’s preferences.
It is made of reinforced hardwood and sturdy steel support cable. It can carry up to 496 lbs
- Has a free carry case to move it easily
- Can be adjusted to suit the user’s preference
- Oil and waterproof
- Can detach armrests, headrests for easy storage or movement
- Weight capacity is low
- Does not utilize sustainable wood sources
Who Needs a Massage Table
A massage table can be used by a variety of people, it is not only limited to masseuses and massage therapists. Everyone can own a massage table in their homes to relax. However, the following is a list of a couple of people who need massage tables.
Massage therapists are trained therapists who use touch to manipulate their client’s muscles and tissues. They need massage tables to position their clients properly during therapy sessions.
Doctors can use massage tables as examination tables in hospitals. This is because massage tables are firm and relaxing and this helps the doctor get a professional examination done easily on the patients.
Anybody can choose to own a massage table in their home, including you. If you have regular backaches, or need help with posturing, laying down on a massage table or best back massager can help you exercise your back.
Also, if you love massages and you own a massage gun, laying down on a massage table is the perfect way to get a comfortable and relaxing massage session. If you are wondering what a massage table can be of to you, you have an answer now.
If you are trying to buy a massage table, there are a few factors and tips you should consider in order to help you pick the best choices out of a variety of options.
- Always select tables with lesser weight: When picking out a table, it is advisable to select a table with lesser weight. This is to ensure its portability and storage. Larger tables are usually static and cannot be easily moved around
- Weight capacity: This is a very important factor to consider when selecting a table as different manufacturers have different weight limits for their table. When selecting one, always pick a table with a high weight capacity.
- Price: The price of a product is a very important factor when purchasing any item. When buying a massage chair, ensure you pick one with an affordable price within your budget and that can provide a lot of value for your money.
- A cushioned high-density foam. This is the bed-like part of the table where users lay. It is usually covered in leather material to provide the user with a comforting and relaxing effect.
- Detachable headrest and armrest: The headrest is a cradle where clients and users can lay their heads for comfort during the massage session.
- Hinges (legs): These are the multiple legs of the table that provide support and grip for the table. Without this, the table will be unable to stand firm.
The Safety Risks Of Portable Massage Tables
When purchasing certain products, manufacturers always include a full explanation of certain risks involved in the usage of such products.
Massage tables are not excluded from this. It is very important to always note the instruction manual that accompanies your massage table, as a guide to appropriate use.
For example, if a massage chair has a maximum capacity it is important to clearly indicate this to your clients boldly to avoid accidents and injuries that could occur.
Also, when using a foldable massage table it is very important to always take note of the hinges. The hinges of the table may lose their grip due to constant folding and moving.
If you notice that a table has lost its grip, you can send it to the manufacturer or call a repairer to fix it.
Another risk to consider is that massage tables can be extremely uncomfortable. An average massage session lasts more than thirty minutes.
It will be uncomfortable to be in a spot for such a long time if the table is not soft and cushioned.
This could lead to severe back pain, aches and even cause postural problems. Hence, it is advisable to pick a massage table that has a soft, cushioned surface to avoid discomfort.
Finally, if you are a massage therapist it is very important to teach your customers or clients how to use the table properly.
Never assume that they know how to use it, always prepare them with adequate information. Avoid jumping, turning carelessly on a massage table as this can weaken the hinges and lead to accidents and injuries.
How wide should my massage table be?
A typical massage table should be about 29 to 30 inches wide. If the table is narrower than 29 inches, then you are at the risk of having your shoulders and arms hang off the side of the table.
If it is wider than 30 inches, then the table may be too tall to carry when folded into the carrying position. also, note that the wider your table is then the bigger the massage table frame will be.
What is the difference between “working weight” and “static weight”?
Working weight is how much weight the table can hold in addition to the added weight, pressure, and sideload of a therapist giving the massage. While static weight is how much weight a table can hold when the weight remains stationary
What kind of vinyl works best on a massage table?
PU (Polyurethane) works better for massage tables because it provides longevity and resistance to pressure than PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride).